Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dunsmuir Part 2

The Railroad Park RV Park, where I am staying, is located next the Castle Crags State Park.



The day after I arrived in camp, I drove over there and hiked up to their View Point. At present, the trees have grown to the point that there is not much of a view of the Crags any more. About all a person can see are trees.



If I stood on the picnic bench that was there and held the camera over my head, I could get a fair picture of the Crags.





The time of day also has an effect on how the Crags look.



In another part of the State Park there is a 5-foot wide suspension bridge that crosses the Sacramento River.





You can also get a good view of Mt. Shasta from the Crags "View Point".



There is a lot of talk about the State shutting down this park, because of the economy. I am glad that I was able to see it before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment