Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last day in Lake Havasu City

This morning the skies are clear, but there is a 15-20 mph. breeze. After breakfast I drove back to Havasu RV Resorts and took my walk in much nicer surroundings then used the computer in the clubhouse to check tomorrow's weather forecast and make a post to this blog. The weather looks quite favorable for my travels to Death Valley in the morning. The high temperatures at Furnace Creek will be in the low to middle 90s all next week. The predictions for winds there look reasonable so we should not be having any dust storms like last year. I guess only time will tell. After all, we don't want to have to cancel the Saturday Night Gong Show like we had to last year because of high winds. In talking with Keith Knoche, we are scheduled to take a day trip to Cerro Gordo on Friday and have a personal tour of the town and mining operations by the old ghost town's owner. That should be fun.

This will be my last post until after the Death Valley Rumble. I should arrive in Las Vegas in about ten days. Hopefully, I will be able to post some pictures by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment