Back in the early part of the last century, this placed was a booming town.
The main activity in Goldfield was mining. There is plenty of evidence of that by the numerous mine tailings left behind.
In 1905 the wooden hotel in town burned to the ground. In 1908 the brick Goldfield Hotel opened. It featured the finest food that was prepared by European chefs. It had one of the first electric elevators west of the Mississippi River. The 110 guest rooms are now all deserted, except room 220, where they say a ghost lives.
Goldfield was also the location of the Bullfrog Goldfield Railroad freight depot and repair yard.
(to be continued)